Thursday, May 26, 2011
And Then There Were 4!
So let's back up a couple days and tell the story of how Brayden came into the world a couple weeks early (since some of you were asking). On Monday May 16th my doctor decided to pull me from work due to increase cramps/ contractions and was told to take it easy. A little easier said then done when you have a 16 month old and your husband had to go out of town due to work, but I managed to rest as much as possible. Luckily my good friend Suzanne came up to visit me the first day/ night Devin was gone and help out with Cambria and getting some of Brayden's clothes done. Thursday she had to go home, which was scary because I wasn't feeling too well. But we managed and I did good other than cramps/ contractions off and on all day. With that said I decided to take Cami to her babysitters for Friday so I could rest up really well and that definitely seemed to help. Finally Saturday morning Devin came home from his work conference and boy was I glad because the contractions started back up stronger, but once again went away eventually. Then Sunday morning I woke up and could barely walk because they were so bad. We decided I needed to go on in and get checked out(figuring they would just give me a shot or bag of fluids and send me home). So we dropped Cami off at Susans and headed to the hospital. Boy were we wrong! After being monitored and realizing my contractions were now only 2-3 minutes apart and starting to dilate more the doctor on call decided now was the time to go. So we called our parents to let them know they were going to have another grandkid that day and Devin had to run downstairs to buy a disposable camera (we literally didn't bring a thing to the hospital!). I laid there waiting and shaking realizing we were so not ready for him, but ready or not here he was coming. We were also somewhat nervous about lung development being 3 weeks early, but the doctor reassured us he felt good about Brayden's size and that worse case he might have to get a little oxygen for a bit. Still very scary! But praise to God Brayden came out screaming and not very happy to be in such a cold room. He quickly quieted down has been pretty relaxed every since. Cami wasn't too sure about him at first, but now seems to love him. She will just sit there and rub his head or give him kisses. We are very proud of her and how quick she is adjusting. Even after just a few days he has been such a blessing and I can't imagine our little family without him. Here are a few pictures thus far.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This is so great!! I love the picture of Cami holding Brayden. I am so excited I get to come out in a week instead waiting till this fall! :) Love you all,
Chelsa
I'm so excited for you. Your family looks so happy! Congrats Zupans! I can't wait to meet him. Let me know if you want to get the girls together so you can have a little break.
Yaaaay! He's so cute and snuggly looking. Cami, you are such a good big sister...keep it up, ok?!? Julie you look great for just having a baby :)
Post a Comment